Friday, December 14, 2007

A Message from Above - Just What I Needed!!!

Well yesterday was one of "Those" days. My kids didn't have school, the buses had been cancelled. Good behavior was not on the menu for them. They have been doing more than their fair share of fighting, yelling etc and I was having a "I don't want to be a Mom" today days. I'm sure we've all had them.
On top of that, the local paper mill where my husband is employed did their annual "Christmas Cheer" thing and announced the shutting down of a machine and the loss of 125 jobs. Merry freaking Christmas, huh? Thankfully my husband and brother-in-law are not losing their jobs (yet) so we can breathe a little bit, atleast until they make the next announcement.
Well, once again during a dark time for me, my Mom was my savior.
My Dad had called and wanted me to scan a few family layouts for him to send out so I was digging in the linen closet where all the albums are. Onto my head falls my Grade 12 High School yearbook. So, to avoid being hurt again and because I felt a need to look at it, I opened it up.
Staring me directly in the face on the inside front cover were all the inscriptions from friends and classmates, but one jumped out at me immediately.
I had forgotten that I had Mom sign my yearbook and seeing her handwriting and reading her oh so true words were exactly what I needed yesterday to shake away those blues. If you click on the photo you can see a larger view and read the words that changed the whole course of my day. Love you Mom, even though you have been gone for over 15 years now, you are still there for me everyday!


Oh, and to clarify for some who may be confused...many of my friends call me Kat, and in my younger days "Kitty Kat", so my mom was referred to by me and my friends as "Momma Kitty", how cute is that, huh?

5 comments:

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dallas said...

Oh Kat, that's such a cute and heart warming message. I truely believe that things happen for a reason, and sometimes we all need to be hit on the head once and a while to help us see the "bigger" picture. I for sure have had those days, the ones that you just want to hide in a closet and let the kids raise themselves, but, then I think of all the really important "little" things I'd miss.. :) have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat, we all as moms have those days that make us want to run and hide, but just as you guide your children it is great to know that others are looking out for you. Enjoy the memories and scan and frame the message.

Unknown said...

How awesome is that! I am glad her message was able to lift your spirits!

Aubrey Harns said...

What a wonderful note from above. I know that has to be a special treasure for you! Glad your day went a bit better...I'll also pray for your BIL & DH to keep their jobs!
Blessings,
Aubrey