Friday, February 8, 2008

Ahhhhhhhhh, Peace and Quiet

I love my kids, I really do, but this week they have been...what's the word I am looking for? Oh yeah.....LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!! Today they are all at school and Paul is at work and it is so blissfully quiet here, too bad I have to go out and search this dumb city for a belt for my vacuum, geesh, what's wrong with people? Is it is hard to carry a vacuum belt in stock? Then I need to pick up the kids from school and take them to the bowling alley, Logan has a practice. If all my stars are alighned correctly, then Paul will remember to come to the bowling alley after work and pick up Evan and Carly so they don't drive me insane.... Anyway, I digress...(again)

A few things to report. Logan has won a spot on the House bowling team for the Bantam Boys. This Sunday, the 10th is the Zone playoffs and if they win this they will move on to the Provincials which thankfully are only in Thunder Bay (3 1/2 hours) this year. I am hoping to be able to go if he makes it, but time will tell. He is so proud of himself, now if he can just relax and not stress himself out, he should do quite well.

The trying to quit smoking is going okay I guess. I am using Chantix which is the first aid that hasn't made me deathly ill. I am on day 8 of the pills and am down to less than 1/2 of what I normally smoke. My official "stop date" is Valentine's Day, I picked it cuz of the whole "heart" thing, kwim? Symbolic, don't you think? LOL

Evan as usual cracked us up last night. The kid has decided he doesn't like cheese. So he is filling out his Valentine's for school (Tom & Jerry ones) and one of them says "I like you more than cheese!". This is the conversation that followed:

Evan :"well duhhhhhhh, I like everyone more than cheese, even my arch nemesis"

Mom: "Arch nemesis? What are you a superhero now?"

Evan: "of course I am, I am FART BOY, I can clear a room faster than a fire alarm!"

Mom: sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

5 comments:

Dallas said...

AH HA HA HHHHAAAAA!!!! LOVE the conversation!! That's too cute!!! FART BOY!! ROFLMAO!!!
Good job with the trying to quit smoking! It took DH and I FOREVER to quit. We finally desided to just do it and we've been quit for 2 years this month! you'll love how you feel after :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh - the magical world of sons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck/Congrats on kicking the habit!! You can do this!

Megan said...

I love that kid.

Anonymous said...

Bahahahahaha! ROFLMAO!!!

Good luck with kicking the habit! I know you can do it!!!

Unknown said...

HAHA!! That is hilarious!! Sounds like something my 10-yo son would say :-)

Kudos to you for deciding to quit smoking! I wish you all the nest with that. You can do it!!!