Thursday, July 16, 2009

Too Much Going On

Okay it's been awhile but I have an excuse.
My dad took a fall last Tuesday morning, about 1 am, and has been in hospital since. He needs to rebuild some strength in his legs and he was having some other issues as well. He had a CT scan this Tuesday (the 14th) for which we haven't got any results, but he has had a rough few days. He was pretty much okay until Wed morning, he is now sleeping almost constantly and is feeling really crappy, not sure what is going on, waiting to hear from docs about that. His vitals are all good though, so I will take that as a positive sign. Will keep you all posted as I can and as we learn anything. Prayers are most welcomed.

In other news, my MRI for my neck/shoulder has been scheduled for Wed Sept 2 in Thunder Bay. As of now, the plan is for my darling niece Megan and I to do a little road trip together for it, hopefully there will time to visit a few people while we are there, but no promises.

To keep me occupied and my mind on stuff other than hospitals and sickness, I have been enjoying the free class by the amazing Jessica Sprague and finally learning how to use my Photoshop properly (much less cursing going on with her step by step videos than when I was trying to muddle through myself.)

Here are a few of the photos I have played with so far, not going to take the time to list what day the classes were or what exactly was done, but if you want details let me know and I'll do my best to explain

Vintage Look

Brushes

Mask

Multi Textures and Edges

Recolor

Frames and Word Art

Textures

2 comments:

Collin, MacKayla and Kaidynce said...

I'll definately keep your Dad in my thoughts!!
I LOVE every one of those pictures you did! How fun!!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Love, the vintage pic with the rosy cheeks. I use Photoshop all the time...was this technique difficult?