Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm Moving Out

my scrap stuff out of my bedroom that is.
Finally decided to brave the dreaded dungeon that DH calls a basement.
I have commandeered the "bedroom" (insert garbage dump here) to use as my very own space. It ain't the prettiest place in the world, but now that I have it cleaned out and fumigated (picture that the basement has been used primarily by DH and his friends to watch such thrilling and stimulating things as UFC fights for the past 12 years or so), it isn't so bad.
I have the tables and shelves ready to go, now to move everything down there...geesh what a job..on the plus side I am finding tons of stuff I forgot I had.
It's going to be great I think, I will be able to leave my stuff where I can see it and hopefully use it finally.
Carly keeps telling people that there are NO kids allowed down there when Mom is scrapping, but she qualifies it by saying "unless we are bleeding, then we come down" LOL The kid has the right idea I tell ya.
Now I am hoping that in this pathetic, shopping-challenged town in which I live that I can find some cool, fun and funky stuff to decorate it down there so it is cheerful and happy, just what I need.

In other news, I am finally going to have my Endometrial Ablation done, August 12th.
Thoughts and prayers that the surgery is a success and I can get back some semblance of a normal life again would be appreciated.

Off to bribe the kids to help me carry stuff downstairs...wonder if a Dairy Queen Blizzard offe will do the trick?

1 comment:

Aubrey Harns said...

Oh Kat, I hope you love your new space and it turns out exactly the way you want it. I'll be praying for a successful (& pain-free) surgery!
Blessings,
Aubrey