Monday, January 18, 2010

Today I am thinking -

- about old friends, the kind who you don't have to see everyday but even if months have gone by and you see them it is just like it was yesterday. Some friends of mine who fit this category are going through some of the toughest times of their lives these days. Job less, health issues with all of them. My heart is breaking and I am feeling that feeling you get when you want to help so badly and there is nothing within your power to do...except tell them you love them and send out prayers. That is what I am doing today.

- the fact that I am going to be the Mom of a teenager in less than a week. How did that happen? I'm not sure I'm ready. The last year or so has given me some hints to what it will be like, and if I can just find my way through the minefield of emotions he is bouncing around in then I know we will be fine. I am trying to give him enough space to not feel crowded but not so much space that he thinks he is alone. Wow, what a fine line that is. All I can do I guess is trust that we have done the best we could for him and shown him the right path and then pray to God that he follows it.

- that I really have to start taking better care of myself. I am back to not eating regularly, smoking too much and drinking way too much coffee. None of these things are good for me, they make me feel like crap and then my mood turns to crap and I am stuck in this weird and destructive little vortex of my own making. Time for changes...and quickly.

- that I am more blessed than I think and I need to make a conscious effort to remember that. I need to remind myself that each and every day is a gift and I can't squander it.

- that it is time for me to get off this computer and get some laundry and dishes done, and then I will get to play some.

Have a great day everyone and I'll catch you on the flip side.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Good thoughts here, Kat! Sending you support vibes for taking better care of yourself - you are not only important to YOU, but also for your family!! I love your paragraph about raising a teenager - it really resonates with me - thanks for sharing your thoughts and perspective - I'm always looking for insight when it comes to teens! :) Happy Monday!