Monday, June 30, 2008

5 Years Ago Yesterday


Our family chain is broken and nothing is the same but as God calls us one by one our chain will link again.


We lost my oldest sister Judy, one of the toughest, bravest, most wonderful women I have ever known on June 29, 2003. Yesterday I decided to have my day of remembrance and to wait until today to post about it. I laughed and giggled and thumbed through photo albums, remembering all the good times, and boy there were a ton of those!

She struggled with illness most of her life, Crohn's Disease, Colitis, Ileitis, all household words to us.
But through it all she had grace, dignity and more bravery than I could ever hope to have.
Judy's biggest gift to us all was her philosophy of "Never Give Up".
I love and miss you dearly Judy, and think of you every day. No tears here, nope, only smiles and giggles for all the fun times that we shared.

That though the radiance which was once so bright be now forever taken from my sight. Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass, glory in the flower. We will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind.
William Wordsworth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh, I wish I could give you a great big hug, just cause. I'm so glad to hear that you still had a good day and you can see the bright side of things.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, Kat. I wish I could give you a big hug. This must have been a very hard day for you and for your sister to die so young. Sending hugs your way.