Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh for the love of Pop Tarts, I have a runaway son



Well, my boy Evan ran away last night...here's how it began
3:55 pm home from school, Evan eats 2 granola bars, 1 bowl apple sauce
5:15 pm supper time, Evan eats 1 large baked potato, 2 plates of barbq ribs and 2 plates of peas and carrots
5:45 pm Evan is foraging in the cupboards, spots the Pop Tarts (now if you know me you know that it is very rare there is anything like that in my house so he is instantly psyched)
5:46 pm Mom (me) says "there is no way you can still be hungry, get out of the cupboard and put those Pop Tarts away"
5:46 1/2 pm Evan slams the cupboard, glares at Mom and yells "that's IT! I am OUT of HERE!"
5:47 pm much slamming and grumbling from Evan's room
5:49 pm Evan exits his room carrying an overnight bag and reiterates "I am OUT of HERE!"
5:50 pm Mom says "Don't forget a jacket, it's going to get cold tonight and don't forget you aren't allowed to cross the road by yourself"
5:50 1/2 pm Outside door slams amid more grumbling of which I am certain I heard the words "that woman makes me crazy"
5:55 pm Mom peeks out the back window to see where her wayward son is...
5:56 pm Mom the scrapbooker can't resist a few shots and sneaks out the door to snap a few pics **PLOT POINT - REMEMBER YOU CAN CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO GET A LARGER IMAGE- **


6:00 pm Aforementioned wayward son notices Mom taking photos and slumps into the house amidst more muttering, again of which I am certain that I heard the words "her and that freaking camera"

6:15 pm Mom is so thoroughly amused by the incident (and the fact she now has some great shots to scrapbook, backs down and allows the boy a Pop Tart... but alas she is too overcome with the giggles to take a picture of the boy eating it, might have to stage that photo later for the effect LOL
And being in a Google kind of mood, I stumbled upon this today and thought it so totally appropriate

2 comments:

JoanneK said...

What a great photo-op!!! Very funny!!! Thanks for the morning chuckle!

lacintha said...

LOL...Oh Kat you had me worried at the start of the post...but I should've known better that your story would have a funny twist like this ...lol..hope all is well on your end :)