Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sparks, Beavers and Bugs..oh my!

Well yesterday all 3 kids had good days at school, yeah!
In order of conversation, these are the comments:

Carly - "I had a GREAT DAY!"
Evan - "okay", from his teacher "I had a wonderful day with Evan today"
Logan - (in all his preteen "angst") - "not one single person annoyed me today"

After school was community registration night, of course Paul stopped off at his brother's before coming home so I had to take all 3 rugrats with me (yep, he IS going to pay big time for that!).

Evan (7) wanted to do Karate, so I filled out 5 sheets of registration work, wrote a check for $125 to cover the first session and proceeded in a non-orderly fashion to check out gymnastics for the girl.

$355 for 1 hour/week for her to learn to do somersaults? And I have to GUARANTEE that I or someone I send "volunteers" atleast once a month or I have to pay even more...ummm, NOT HAPPENING!

So we move on to the "Sparks", this is the younger girls version of Brownies/Girl Guides. It is only $125 from Sept - April, 1 evening a week, completely doable. She is very excited about it, they of course do all kinds of arts/crafts etc which Carly adores and all kinds of other fun stuff, plus 3 of her best buds were in line to sign up right behind her so she is a happy girl!

Now back to the Karate thing..Evan spots the Beavers/Cubs booth next to Sparks, he is intrigued. He strolls over with his "I'm too cool for my Spiderman shirt" attitude and strikes up a conversation with the nice gentlemen manning the booth.
Before I know it, he has registration forms in his hand and is giving me a pen...ummm, okay.. He has decided he now wants to be a Beaver, this is cool by me as they teach them all kinds of nature stuff, they do hikes, games etc and it is a general faith-based program as well, and only $150 for the year, he goes 1 evening a week too. So now he is a Beaver.
This of course means we have to go stand in the Karate line again, and I ever so nicely explain to the "nice lady" that I would like my cheque back and to remove Evan from the list, she is not particularly thrilled and gives me one of "those" looks...pfffffffft, whatever lady, he has been signed up for what 15 minutes? Give me a break LOL

Logan (11) is of course doing bowling again he loves it and excels at it, but he has also decided he wants to try curling so he will be doing that as well. Fun stuff I tell ya.

And me, being me, what am I thinking about this? Sparks=pretty pink uniform and sash
Beavers= adorable little brown and blue vest and hat
Curling= new sport with lots of red and blue on the ice
Thought process= TOTALLY ADORABLE NEW SCRAPBOOK LAYOUTS FOR ME!!!

Now, the "bugs" part. Logan, by nature, is not a complainer, last evening he was saying his ear hurt, we assumed he had some water in it from swimming and shuffled him off to bed. By midnight he was still awake and almost in tears with the pain, I as always told him, he needed to decide if he needed to see the doctor or not (my kids hate going to the doctor so if they are even faking a little bit, this is the part where they get miraculously cured), he said he thought he should go. So off we go after midnight, heading to the ER. Yep, his left ear is very red inside and "bulging" according to the doc, so they gave him a dose of antibiotics and a prescription for me to fill today. Poor guy loves his new school and the Fine Arts Program and was all set to go to school today anyway, but he realized he just wasn't up to it, so he is home today.

Well that's it for now, maybe I'll be back late, have some photos to post of my cousin David and his family who came for a nice visit last week.

Have a great day all

No comments: